Casino Literary Magazine
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Founded in Minneapolis in 2019, Casino Literary Magazine is an online journal featuring works of high stakes fiction by new and emerging writers who aren't afraid to take narrative risks. We are currently in search of enthralling, unpredictable -- and perhaps even disturbing -- short stories for our inaugural edition.
The current reading period runs from December 1, 2019 – February 15, 2020 for our inaugural Summer 2020 edition.
What are we looking for?
As our name implies, we want writers and stories that take chances. Surprise us. We wholeheartedly invite writers from the shadows and margins to submit their work. Providing a platform for underrepresented voices is integral to our editorial vision. Genre stuff is welcome, but all stories must have literary merit that transcends genre.
- Submissions are only accepted electronically through our Submittable page. No exceptions.
- All submissions should be original, previously unpublished work. (Your submitted work can not have been published on any website, including your own personal website.)
- Entrants may submit only one submission per reading period.
- Length: We are looking for stories between 2,500 and 7,000 words. Anything shorter or longer may be considered, but if it’s longer than 7,000 words, the work needs to earn its extra space.
- Times New Roman Font. 12-point type. One-sided. Double-spaced.
- Place author’s name and contact information on the first page.
- Prominently place word count on your first page.
- We don't require a cover letter, but if you feel so inclined, submit a short bio or cover letter as the first page of your submission document.
- Number all pages and include the work’s name and author’s last name in the footer.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed but don’t be a dick about it. If your work is accepted elsewhere – let us know!
- We pay our contributors. If your story is selected for publication, we will play a game of chance to split up our rolling jackpot. The jackpot is dependent on the number of submissions received (and is funded by artists’ submission fees plus a donation from our founding editor). Maximum payment amount at this time is $50 per published piece.
Please do not email us about the status of your submission until three months after you completed your submission.
For questions. email our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.